Tuesday 20 March 2012

SWOT Analysis

SWOT Analysis of my work so far:


Strengths
  • Can stick to deadlines and am keeping good progress so far.
  • When work needs to be done, I will do it and sacrifice other things to do so.
  • Bit of a perfectionist.
  • Keen eye for detail.
  • Have some good models so far as a good basis for the animation.
  • I am enthusiastic about 3D animation and am enjoying it immensely, which makes the work a lot easier.
  • Am now familiar with 3DS Max's interface and with many of the tools used.
  • Good mark from the first part of the assignment, which I am very pleased with!

Weaknesses
  • Tend to focus on one particular module above others (good for this module but not so good for keeping the workflow up to date with the others - it'll catch up with me eventually).
  • Have used 3D Max so far mainly for modelling, so not as confident with animation.
  • Only animation that I have done so far has been 2D and in Flash.
  • Pressure to keep up with the high grade from the first assignment so that I can still keep an A grade.
  • Rendering time will be longer for animating, so need to leave some extra time at the end to allow for this.

Opportunities
  • Learning how to use a program that is used in the industry to create 3D models and animation.
  • Have learnt a variety of modelling, animation, design and texturing techniques: covering a wide area for future career choices and having all of this available to show at potential job opportunities.
  • Am now familiar with the 3DS Max interface.
  • Growth in confidence with creating 3D - especially with modelling.
  • A program that I enjoy using.
  • A new possible career, as I feel that I am good at 3D modelling and really enjoy it.

Threats
  • The job market: when coming out of uni will there be many jobs relating to 3D available?
  • Stress from work overload.
  • All of my back-ups somehow being destroyed.
  • The program crashing and losing some of my work.
  • Not keeping up to date with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment