Wednesday 21 March 2012

Adding The Background

I have now begun to make the background for my scenery. As Florence is a busy town with lots of buildings and I do not have the time to make a whole town, I am going to place bitmap images onto a box shape, then adjust where they need to be positioned according to the angle of the camera. As long as three of the angles are covered, then this should hopefully work out.

The first problem that I encountered was when finding the images to be used: the images weren't of a substantial size for my original box for the background. As a result of this, the background was made slightly smaller, but still big enough, to accomodate the sizes of the images that I was using and to prevent them from being blurred. They were then cloned, with the image being mirrored so that it all looks like one big background. When testing out the camera, if needed, I will add on some extra sky using Photoshop, but hopefully this won't be an issue. The lighting will also need to be adjusted accordingly so that it looks like daytime, but as we have already done this when using metal ray rendering, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment