Thursday 1 March 2012

Evaluation

Over the past six weeks, I have learnt more than I thought was possible in a such a short amount of time about 3DS Max. I have learnt many techniques that have proved very useful when making my models and should be just as useful in future projects.
When this project begun, I wasn't at all confident in using 3DS Max, due to having no prior experience in using the program, but now I feel confident enough to model pretty much anything to a decent standard - as long as the time and effort is put in on my part. Now being familiar with the program interface and it's features, I look forward to creating some more models again, and would definitely consider being a character modeller as a career path. I have already been doing some additional reading and tutorials in my spare time to try and learn some more complicated techniques and other things that may be useful when modelling, especially for humans, as they are a popular choice of character in many games/movies, yet seem like one of the more difficult forms to create.
Overall, the models that I have achieved for this part of the model I am very happy with - especially the building, which I feel definitely has the look of a group of buildings from the 15th century. This is mainly due to the amount of pre-production research done to ensure the authenticity of the models made in the project and to make sure that they looked historically accurate. The other two models I am also very happy with - I have used many techniques to create them and feel that they work well for the project. However, if I was to do anything differently, if I had more time, I would have experimented with the lighting of the models, make the interior of the tank and create some more buildings to create a small market square. I may still make these improvements in my own time in the future, to get some more practise using the program. But, overall, I have enjoyed this part of the module immensely and would happily do it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment