Friday 17 February 2012

Progression Of Model Two: Buildings


So far, for my second model of three adjoined buildings, that I am basing off of certain features from the images that I have researched (see previous blog posts) I am currently in the process of editing the polygons using the bevel tool, which is creating indents in buildings - a feature that seems to be very popular in the architecture of buildings in Florence from the 15th century. I am trying to make these buildings as detailed as possible, as can be seen in the image above, but it is taking time with these types of buildings - the clone tool has been very useful. As well as paying particular attention to detail, I am also ensuring that the alignment on all features and sections of buildings is perfect, as I want these buildings to look historically accurate and look like buildings that could be found in Florence during this time period.


For the windows on  another building, I have used the line tool and the lofting technique to create a kind of panel around the window, in the style that they had some of the building's architecture in 15th century Florence. Although it is hard to see from this image, I have already bevelled the windows in slightly in a square shape, and will then apply certain textures to particular parts of the windows.


The shape of this end building has been changed using the editable poly modifier, then by selecting polygons and bevelling them, so that the building has a shape that is more interesting than simply a load of different sized boxes arranged together. The basic frame of the window has been copied, but the top frame has needed to be rotated by 40degrees to ensure that the angle matches up with that of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment