Friday 10 February 2012

My Chosen Invention


For my invention for this project, after researching, I have decided to create Leonardo Da Vinci's Armoured Tank using 3DS Max. Out of the three inventions that I focussed the majority of my research on, this was the one that interested me the most and gave me the most ideas.

The exterior of the machine seems to be fairly simple with a lot of symmetry involved throughout the machine, but the interior seems slightly more complex: it is made up of wheels and gears (which can be seen in the picture to the left) and there are thirty two cannons going around the edge of the machine.

The machine has a wooden texture on the interior and the extrerior, with the cannons and some parts of the gears being made of a steel-looking like metal.






I have started by doing a couple of rough sketches, just for something for me to reference upon when modelling and so that I have had some practise drawing the tank. My next task will be to actually make the model and the two additional models to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment