Tuesday 24 January 2012

Primitive Modelling Task


For this task, I decided to make the Empire State Building. Because this building is made of fairly simple shapes, I thought that it would be a good one to begin practising making shapes and alligning these shapes up. I used the align tool throughout making this building, as pretty much all parts of the building are symetrical. The building was is mainly made up of boxes of different sizes (which, for the main foundation of the building, I measured the sizes using the grid lines) as well as a pyramid shape on top of the building.

To ensure that the parts of the building were all the same dimensions, I selected multiple objects and cloned them; then rotated or aligned them if it was necessary. The 'top' view was particularly useful for checking that everything was alligned correctly. All of the different areas of the workspace were difficult to work with at first due to the tiniest motion with the mouse completely disrupting the entire view of my object, but by the end of making this building I had learnt how to control this. Also, I should have changed the colours near the end of making the building rather than during the process because the brown lines were difficult to see on the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment