Wednesday 2 May 2012

Overall Evaluation

When I started this module, I had no existing knowledge what so ever of 3DS Max and now, I feel that I have learned more from this module than from any other one so far. The models that I have made I am very happy with and feel that they are to a high standard - I would not have changed anything in that respect. The animation I feel similarly about, however, had I had more time, I may have chosen to expand on it slightly to make it longer, or to make the special effects (fire, smoke, explosions etc.) look slightly better. However, considering that this is the first 3D animation that I have ever produced, I think the quality is very good. Managing to stick to my storyboard is something that has been achieved too - planning out the animation through the storyboard beforehand really helped the visual of the final animation.
My confidence has also increased a lot throughout this module. I now feel that I have the skills to make more models and short animations, and will continue to practice making models etc. over the summer.
If I could change something, it would be timekeeping. Although I allowed over a week for rendering, as I had heard rumours of how time consuming it can be, I would allow some more time next time, due to the amount of times that I had to re-render particularly big and detailed scenes, taking up several machines in the process.
Rendering was definitely the part of the module that I found the most difficult - the errors that were involved and the amount of time it took where I could do nothing else was quite stressful. However, the end result still came out looking good and luckily I had allowed some time to re-render in case things went wrong. The part that has been the most enjoyable for me was creating the models. Allowing my creative side to come out for the brief to design and make the models to be in my animation was very fun - particularly for the buildings and the scenery.
Overall, I have enjoyed this module very much and am looking forward to creating more models, more animation and learning new techniques next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment