Tuesday 1 May 2012

Final Scene


To finish off my animated short, the final scene includes an explosion while the tank is still spinning out of control and while the fire is still spreading to the barrels loaded with gunpowder. The tank flies at the camera and the scene ends with a black screen. Once again, one of my most valuable tools has been used: the super spray. This created the explosion, as the only other way I could find to create a decent looking explosion was using a plug-in, for which I don't feel familiar enough with to use yet (maybe something to try out over the summer ready for next year).

With this final scene finished, all that is left to do is render my scenes. I have been trying to render scenes as I go along, but I have had difficulty with this, so only one has come out successful (due to the machines hibernating when I've had to leave them unattended overnight or the program freezing and corrupting the render). I have decided on using HDTV 720 x 1280, uncompressed, default scanline renderer for every frame.

Once these renders have been finished, I will get the video finished in one session using Adobe Premiere on the Macs (I will do it in one session because as my files are so large, they have to be copied to the desktop to even play and then they still need to buffer to do so, so to save copying and pasting files each time I login, it would be preferable to just finish within one sitting). But until the files are completed, I will try and re-familiarise myself with Adobe Premiere Pro and look up the sound files and music to be accompanied with my video. Hopefully there will be no more rendering issues in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment